Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Heading Home~

Mmmm it is weird to start, well saying that I am heading home. Can that be true?! I guess it is, I almost do not even want to write this right now, but I am giving it a try. I have just finished packing up my life in 2 suitcases and my handy backpack..our room looks clean for once so that is good:) It has been a beautiful day as it has been this whole week...

This morning I woke up and felt so much joy, contentment...Mmm utterly blessed..My cup has runneth over, And with thinking of what I have experienced over the last couple a month makes my heart sing~I literally have no words that can describe such an epic adventure that I have been on...from here to there and everywhere!

Today we ventured in to the city of Cape Town..and hung out outside of the University of Cape Town as we had our re-entry orientation..what an amazing campus..~It was good to reflect, but difficult at the same time..my mind was wandering much of the time, but it was so fun to recall the moments that happened along the trip...Got my last ice cream cone in Kalk Bay today..that has become sort of a thing..I have always loved Ice Cream, especially by the beach..haha that is something I will not to as much when I get back home..Had our last dinner at Wellwood..we had some yummmmmy chicken..aha, spent the last of my //Ran// today..aha on some goodies for the long arduous journey of the flight back home. Tonight we spent the last night on the South African coast..as we ran and chased eachother on the beach front...the starts were gorgeous..and some shooting stars appeared..the water wasn't even that cold...haha sand everywhere though as we played lap tag..ahaha. one of the funniest games I have ever played. haha it is almost like wrestling. Such a fun night underneath the stars...

* So here is a little quick catch up*

This Weekend~ Saturday&Sunday..we had some free days..a bunch of us took the train into the City of Cape Town..it happened to be Freedom Day~ When South Africa had their first democratic elections.. fun day! We have gotten so use to walking everywhere and dodging traffic.. :) Later Penny and I went to some of her family friends home and they blessed us by having us over and letting us spend the night. It was so wonderful to be with a family again and have some homemade food and they also took us to see some beautiful vineyards and winery places. Pens and I had fun adventures on the train and trying to study for our history exam.

Monday~ had our final exam for history..and then one of our family members Megahnn got baptized in the ocean water. That was such an amazing beautiful moment to witness! We are so proud of her!! Then some of us girls ran into a further away town, it was a great day for a run along the coast, probably one of my favorite runs of the semester! We spent then some time on the beach as we watched some of the guys surf!

// Mmmm and now it is already Wednesday morning..early morning passed midnight! I am thinking I should go to bed soon..and do more of a reflecting blog later, maybe when we arrive in the states!

Mmmm well..it has been a beautiful journey..totally Lord of the Ring style~ Hobbit..Mmmm my heart is full. Blessed again and again. This has been a gift..Thanking the Lord for these moments in my life that I will never forget~












No comments:

Post a Comment