Friday, April 5, 2013

Mmmmm Tears&HOpe&letters&Goodbyes...

Mmmmmm I am writing this and just trying to grasp and ponder everything that has gone by these 11 so weeks..or maybe more I honestly loose track of the days!!

~We are all in our Chalet..trying to pack up our lives before we leave for Cape Town tomorrow morning..it is kinda of sad, but we are making the most of the situation..ahaha I really do not like packing..I think Penny and I are going to have an all nighter tonight. YEBO.

//Today we had our last 2 tea times...went running in the Reserve for the last time, did a prayer walk on the trails..hiked to the water fall, gazed over PMB...had our final projects for Community Engagement with Francis, each of the four groups showed what they have been doing and what God has been doing in our lives and the communities for the past couple weeks. It was bitter sweet..many tears were shed as we all shared stories..truly beautiful=LIving KinGdoM...!!//

I am going to miss African Enterprise and Pietermaritzburg..and Riv' Life and everything about this whole part of the semester....Mmmmm so many memories, God moments, joys, tears..and a combination of any emotion possible.

~This last week of service site has been nothing but a blessing, but it was so hard to say goodbye. Tuesday we planned a Holiday Club for the kids..we had a whole bunch of games..a Bible story..and colored..wrote cards..It was a crazy busy day, but such a joy to be with the kids from the Drop in Center..and sit down and have conversations..later that night Pens and I hung out with some wonderful South AFrican friends!! SO blessed.

~Wednesday we went to Novuelas house in the morning..We brought her a pot that was bigger so she could cook for her community..It was raining that day. I always love the rain, but here in the townships it is not always a good thing, because the mud homes fall apart and then have to be rebuilt.., but we played with the kids there..I just held babies in my lap as they fell asleep..we got to hang out with the Gogos..and just spend quality time loving on the people and being with such a servant as Novuela was a blessing..we were all running around in the rain... When we got back, we found out that the kids at the drop in center had already come, so we were a little sad that we didn't get to be with them, but then some of them came back because they saw are bus coming. MMmm my precious girls were among of those who came back. I was so filled with Joy, they come soaking wet running through the rain.. It was a wonderful time..// We painted nails..wrote cards..played games inside..Mmm Nojubula, Famida, Wendy, Nbalie, Sybonga, Siza, Sphe...and so many more beautiful faces..~ After that our Riv' Life team worked on our legacy project..we made a toy chest and painted it and filled it with toys for the Cresche and Drop in center!!! It was fun bonding times..Mmmmmm beautiful.

~Thursday..was our last day of service sites...Mmmmm my heart is full. I couldn't of asked for a better service site to be at. Jon Wallace, the president of APU came along to visit us at Riv' Life along with a bunch of people from the Social Work department..(Dr. Mary..she is awesome)!!  That was a pleasant supirise to share with them what we have been doing. We visited the HIV-support group for the last time..full of joy and laugher and tears and good fellowship. We bought some of the aprons they made and jewlery. Love all my mommas and aunties their and the precious children. God is so good. It was a gorgeous day..the sky was blue with puffy white clouds!!

When we got back..my group of four, went to go visit a man we saw the first day that needed help getting an ID so he could get treatment for TB, we surprised him with the money to go get it with the care worker and Social worker. Mmmmm I can only smile. He just kept grinning.
~When we got back the director Chris had a full on Indian dinner prepared for us..it was so good! Then we went to the Drop in Center to see all the kids..we brought them the toy chest..and all their toys and chalk. My beautiful kids came running at me..oh man I feel so blessed. We had a great time with the side walk chalk, the jump ropes, the soccer balls, running around...water fights..and some how I became one of the targets. At the end of the day my precious Famida and I were soaked through our jeans..we just laughed and laughed. She is the best. Mmm and a young boy who well was teasing me at the begining and didn't want to be my friend now calls me momma, he tried to protect me from getting wet.. OH Siza.. you are crazy that is all I can say, but so wonderful...Mmm one of my crazy boys Michael was the one who kept chasing me with the water the whole day..he is a JOY! Oh the beautiful kids.
At the end of the day..I handed out some notes to some of the kids..and then all of sudden every one wanted a note..so I was busy writing notes to all these beautiful kids..I loved every minute of it. And then Famida and I just sat in the SUn trying to dry off. She gave me a picture of her when she was little, I am guessing this is one of the only pictures she has of herself..Mmm a 9 year old girl from the township of Cinderella. It was so hard saying goodbye.. I gave her a journal and a picture of us..I hugged her and held her and she cried..and I cried.. as I told her I loved her..she said I love you Momma. I prayed over her..and then..just like that I was on the bus..just looking out the window and saying Goodbye..how did that happen so fast..My heart is sad..//today I just kept wondering where she was and what she was doing..and so many other things..Mmmm that was so hard to do. I hope to come back to Cinderella township..

Well...Now time for packing..which I do not want to do..but I guess this is reality...I have already teared up a couple times today..just thinking about the community that Riv' Life surrounds and all the people we encountered..and the lives that we touched and the many lives that touched my own. MMmmmmm but we serve a God of HOpe..and my Hope is in HIM all day and all night long...

Now we will be traveling for a week down to Cape Town..a new adventure awaits..asking God that he would bring peace as we leave..and prepare our hearts for the last 4 weeks in South Africa. I have fallen in love with this country..this place, these people..what God is doing..and so many other things.. Mmmm now off to the coast!! Goodbye Riv' Life..until we meet again..Goodbye AE...goodbye PMB..it has been such an epic adventure.. Lord of the Rings style. Love my fam bam here..God is so good. Praying that I would continue to be open to what is to come..and be available to serve God in whatever ways he calls in the future. Mmmm. God is good. so thankful for this experience.

Shalom&Love

~Sarah Rae
































No comments:

Post a Comment