Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sailing On..

Mmmmm I am sorry it has been awhile since I have last written.. ~everything has been a whirlwind, but a blessed wind for sure.

Leaving PMB& African Enterprise was hard to do //that place had become our home..we knew all the nocks and crannies// Mmmm Home! So many memories so many last walks around and goodbyes...Mmm pens and I spent some time praying as we left..and asking God to make us open and available to what he has/had for us these last couple weeks in Cape Town..and for summer..and future..and basically as his children and disciples~Kingdom Living. Anyways the bus ride when we left        was kinda sad as we left, but mixed emotions of excitement and the unknown. ~ We began our trek to Cape Town.. on Saturday~

Our first stop was East London..we arrived later then expected, our big bus got pulled over! South African Cops are a little different then Americans..Oh fun adventures. We got to our hotel, then we ventured out to the beach..it was pitch dark, but the stars lit up the sky. One of my favorite nights..it was so peaceful..I just ran out on the beach..and sprinted all around..dancing under the stars..it was like the ocean and sky were one because of how dark it was..we ended up playing some fun games in the sand as a group..so much laughter and joy..had some good conversations as we explored the coastline..and splashed through the water..being aware of the sharks.., Mmm but the star gazing was worth it, because we saw a shooting StAr. Sunday morning Pens and I got up early to see the sunrise and did our devotions over looking the sea. I could almost cry. God's beautiful hand is everywhere. Mmm but as we journyed on I kept wondering what was going on at Riv' Life and the beautiful people there..and my little girl Famida..and Siza..and the list goes on..//I hope to return there someday//

On Sunday we drove to Port Elizabeth~what an awesome beach town..once again gorgeous place..South Africa man...Mmmmm. We spent the day on the beach and walking around..we wanted to find rollerblades to rent, but didn't find any..got some of my favorite ice cream as we walked the pier..~went running to a lighthouse with Pens and Annie..later we went out for sea food..,but Annie and I decided to get an Avocado Burger..let's just say that was the best idea ever :) so good. Mmm how I enjoy everyone on our trip..love the fam bam..but yes I do miss my own..wish you were all here experiencing all of this.

Monday..was a big day..I was a little nervous..went on a run with amazing girls from my group..once again to the lighthouse..and watched the sunrise over the ocean. Mmm glorious moments. I am blown away every time!! Then we got in the car and headed out to where we went Bungee jumping. One of the craziest moments of my life, probably of my 20's ahaha it sounds weird to say 20..I still feel like I am 18! What a rush. I was a little nervous, but more excited..was full of joy. I jumped off before they even counted whoops...//it was the closest thing I will ever get to flying like a bird. ahaha totally gives you another perspective. After I jumped I just kept praising Jesus one for letting me not die, but just the view was amazing..you could see the ocean from one angle.! What a crazy day. I will never forget..later that day we arrived at a place called Mt. Carmel ..we stayed at a Christian Camp. This place was even more astounding then where we were before. Had a little Hawaii flare to it. After we got there we hiked down to Victoria bay..remarkable bay..and great for surfing. Had a fun time there and a great dinner, later sat by a fire..and drank some filtered coffee :)

Tuesday~ hiked down to Victoria Bay to read, journal, and do devotions..EPIC time. love being with God in the stillness of the morning and being surrounded by his beauty with wonderful people. Then we had a delightful breakfast. I am pretty sure breakfast is my favorite meal and that coffee no longer has an affect on me. We sat on the porch looking over the valley and bay. Then we headed through the COngo Caves..and crawled through some small areas..it was cool, then got to see some lion, tigers, and bear, and more, oh my..and then it started pouring like crazy with rain...Mmm later that night spent sometime by myself singing and marveling at the stars..continuing to just surrender and asking God to lead me in the way he desires..being oPeN. Mmm but just in awe..and falling in love with Jesus more..and all the things that he does and makes..I can't help but be filled..and overflowed with all the blessings he has bestowed and all the things I have learned and observed..though there are trials..the rainbows keep on coming

Wednesday~Mmm got up again early with some girls and hiked down to Victoria Bay and had our quiet time.. another beautiful morning..it was really cold though. // I am becoming more of a morning person here//. Had a delightful breakfast on the porch..sipping coffee..I can drink it pretty black now. Then headed off to drive to Cape Town..(Fish Hoek)..we arrived in the afternoon..what a cute little beach town.. We are staying at Wellwood Lodge..nice little place! That late afternoon some of us girls went running along the coast..breathe taking place..I almost cried again. God is so amazing..so unreal. I am in awe of his creation..Mmm Fish Hoek will be my home for the next couple weeks..love it. And found out that Ray and Sue Haakonsen literally live like 2 minutes away. What a small world, what a blessing.

Thursday~ Had a lovely breakfast..and then all 53 of us headed out on the train to go into the heart of CAPE TOWn...the CiTy. We had a little scavenger hunt type thing for our history class. We all had to go to different historic sites and take pictures and ask questions. Along the way we got ice cream..and stopped at the food markets..yum yum. ahaha a lot of us our trying to save our money ..so sometimes we have to say no to all the wonderful different food..the culture is so rich here. We walked like everywhere in the city..it reminded me of a mixture of San Diego and Chicago. Had a wonderful afternoon just hanging out and talking. Later I went with Penny to see her friends..we had a lovely time at their house and a wonderful dinner. It was so nice to have a home cooked meal..felt like family.

Friday~ We had our first day of history class with Neil at the Bible Institute // Man it would have been so sweet to have done a gap year there..or go to Bible College..that is always has been in the back of my mind.//~ I am thinking that maybe after college I want to give a year to serving God somewhere..Mmmmm. Anyways so we get to walk to class witch I think is so awesome. It is a stunning walk along the coast about 30 minutes. Class is interesting too, South African history has so much depth..and so many valued lessons..I really appreciate it..//we had tea time overlooking the ocean.
Had a great day..we had chapel after class and lately John 14 has been on the heart of our family..Mmm God moments. Later went on a run with Mel into Kalky Bay..another beautiful place. ~ Then are whole group went to an area called Ocean View..to meet and have dinner with our Homestay families that live in the local township. It was a great time. The local kids did like a talent show for us..it was great..so much joy and laughter..and very gifted kids..It is awesome because this programs gets them off the streets and out of trouble..// Our homestay mom is named Lynette :) We will be going to stay with her from Wednesday to Sunday..should be an adventure.

Saturday~We got up and ran..:) yebo with some awesome girls. Then headed to Simon's town along the coast..little did we know that it would be an hour and half walk, but one of my favorite walks with Pens, Mel, Chaz, Mitch, and Nat..good conversations and laughter..we got coffee & fudge & ice cream..and just windowed shopped..and then haha we took the train back for 6 ran..great morning..so blessed. After that Ray Haakonsen picked Pens up..and we got to see there home..so awesome. I haven't seen some of them for about 6 years. So much love and joy. Pens and I ventured to their friends house where we met Di, Steph, and Faith, and some other relatives~ wonderful people they made us feel at home..so much love and kindness and hospitality..we enjoyed lovely tea on the deck and watched some rugby..had a great dinner..that I was so thankful for..home quick meals are so good when you haven't had one for awhile..and it is a blessing just be in a home fellowshipping...talking about the past, the future, and the present..Mmmm talked about Beautiful gate..how I wish I could change my flight..maybe in another season of life~ But anyways had a divine time..as the South Africans would say. Very Blessed to be with such amazing people and to hear what God is doing in their midst. Loved hanging out with Danyo and Malitika too~ they have grown up these past 6 years and are beautiful girls. God is good. Who would of thought I would be staying so close to them for a time.

Sunday~ Another beautiful morning. I finally slept in a little bit. Then headed off to Church with Sue and the girls to a Church called Common Grounds..it is a recent Church plant..it was good to be in another Church again, so inspired and blessed by the hard work and dedication of the group of young couples that are heading it up..Mmm couldn't help but think of the Wellspring days from years gone by. Praying that God would bless their ministry. Then headed back and a group of us girls walked to Kalk bay~ a sweet little town..got some coffee and got to just debrief the week together and journal..and enjoy the ocean view..~ These are my favorite days.. I feel extremely blessed to be here..and every day can't help but praise God for this opportunity that will be coming to a close. Had a wonderful afternoon..ended the day with a run and a walk along the beach. Headed to class tomorrow where reality sets in a bit..as we have a paper coming, but there are many fun adventures we will be going on so I am looking forward to seeing the South African history come alive.

Mmmm love all of you. This has been such an indescribable adventure. So blessed.

Shalom& Love

Sarah Rae































No comments:

Post a Comment