Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sunbeams.

Mmmmmm wow the days are flying like daisies in the wind..I can't believe it is already wednesday.. It has been a busy last bit of life, but now I am sitting down with a cup of tea before dinner and watching the water fall.. It is a beautiful evening here. My heart is Full, yet I can't help but be getting a little sad, because we are only here for a little longer than head down for travel week to Cape Town// don't get me wrong I am so excited for Cape Town and staying in homes of some of the people from the community, but I have loved being in PMB and I could stay and serve at Riv Life for a long time, it has been nothing more than a blessing.

Anyways the last couple days have been just a dance in the wind~

Saturday we went to Shaka land/ water park/ the Sea World of South Africa// it was a lot of fun, I even got to get splashed by a dolphin for the show..we went on water slides and just laughed and had a good time as a big "Family"// I am really going to miss being together with everyone we go back home.. what a wonderful mesh of people.. love them// Mmm Saturday night hung out with the girls and cuddled in a chalet with all the beds together..priceless..then watched parts of scary movies..and raided the kitchen..typical.

Sunday..I was just trying to process everything in life, which sometimes hurts my brain a lot, but it was good to do, and did homework for community engagement class. And I just cried for no reason in particular..,but for the broken in this world and here in the townships, just not understanding..and then in reality seeing my problems of life so minimal and kicking myself inside for often being so selfish..., but God's grace sustains and learning as I have been holding children for the past couple days...just to rest in the father's arms of love and trust and know that he takes care of his kids and knows what is best for each one of them. Mmm and just blessed to have friends to share the burdens and surrender them before God. Church was great and reviving as well, the pastor talked about being a light in the townships, and that was and is so applicable to where we are at in our semester in South Africa.

Monday.. Was a refreshing crazy day.. so so good. So blessed. so JOY... Mmmm we were at the Kresh (the preschool all day) and the Drop off center.. Who knew kids can be so crazy, but give you so much unconditional love. We played hard all day. The women who run the PreK are servants and gems I do not know how they do it. Kids can take out so much energy.  There was this tiny little cute boy that wet his pants, and he didn't have a change of clothes at all..he was just bawling his eyes out.. I just sat there with him and held him tight..he would not smile, but after awhile he lightened up and I got him to laugh..The rest of the day consisted of singing songs, practicing there english, because most of them just know Zulu..eating, drawing pictures, more games, running around outside, pigback rides, tag, play with our hair..and braid it..basically making it in dreads, and just holding them when they fall asleep, there isn't a designated nap time. ahaha. We tried to learn some of their names, but oh my goodness they are hard to remember.., but they are all beautiful and wonderful in their own way..even though they sometimes are naughty. Later on in the day we hung out at the drop in center..ahaha my friend Kailye and I got proposed to ahaha oh man funny funny..Played net ball (basketball)..some soccer..ran around like crazy..danced..and tried to communicate, but just love and laughter is such a beautiful thing to share..a hug to a child can say so much more than words every will do. It was a great monday.

Tuesday.. our group of four, and Francis our teacher and his wife Rose, along with the Social Workers went to a support group for HIV-Aids women. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever been apart of. The women opened up about their struggle with HIV-aids and how they are coping. They are strong beautiful women, who are so positive and full of joy. At one point in the meeting we all got up and hugged each other..so much love. We both asked each other hard questions about life..I have never been more inspired and encouraged. Mmm these women have the joy of the Lord. In the afternoon we got to hang out with the kids again..finally getting to know there names and they remember us. I just have to smile. Shared my bananas and apples and had a little picnic with a few of them. It rained last night..it hasn't rained for awhile so that was a pleasant surprise.

Mmmm today.. Wednesday.. This morning I was really tired..stayed up a little late last night..some of the people in our Riv' Life group were sick today so we were down some people.. Today my group did Manual labor..ahaha three girls plowing fields and preparing for sowing the seeds..ahahaha very invigorating..I never have gotten so muddy and dust and dirt everywhere, but it is kind of fun. I don't mind it. We worked with some of the older women who are the sweetest things, we can't really communicate, but we laugh at all the bugs we see..and the jumping frog things, grasshoppers, and crazy colored spiders..ahaha never a dull moment. Then we hung out at the drop off center. I talked to my little "girl" Famida about what she wants to do when she grows up and her favorite colors, and how much she loves school. It was the cutest thing ever, I am so blessed to hang out with this 9 year old. She bought us snacks from the store// so Bbq chip combination. Mmm we live different lives, but when world collides life is beautiful in the midst of such poverty. She continues to be hope, and still praying that she would follow her dreams and continue to love Jesus, school, and life. // sidenote 2 boys wanted my earrings...so now Michael and Sayabonga have each one earring from California..they had smiles for days.













Mmmm about to almost go to bed now, or maybe read..listening to my beautiful sister and friend Penny Rose play the guitar..Mmmm couldn't ask for a better night, she is a blessing. Mmmm so much is on my mind which is like always need to just really step back and let it all just slide away and focus on what really is essential in life, and live in the moment of working in the Kingdom, that is now. I am continually getting stripped of self and learning to listen to the Father..learning to love others in a new way, and embracing divine appointments whenever they may come. My heart breaks for these children and those in the townships, praying for hope and that Christ love and compassion would penetrate their souls and that miracles and faith would be put into action..a faith that is so radical and without borders.

~ "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," say the Lord who has compassion on you..

-Isaiah 54;10

No comments:

Post a Comment