Friday, March 15, 2013

Famida!

Another Blessed day at Riv' Life..

I got some much needed sleep last night, which was so needed.



Today my group of four did some plowing the fields for a garden that is at Riv' Life..we felt like hard working men today. Got some blisters and blood to prove it. But, it is so awesome to think that we are planting food for the community to harvest. It was a joy working with Morgan, Holly, and Ciara..as we all got tougher hands and sun burns..full of laughter and sweat and Joy.. Haha nothing like being a farmer. We worked with a man named Darlington he is one of the directors at Riv' Life. He has such a beautiful story and passion for the kids and this community.




After plowing the fields we painted the outline of the soccer field the old way..with white chalk and stuff soo very funny....

Later we got to go to the Drop Off center that Riv' Life runs.. I really wanted to find my "girl" who I met yesterday. I eventually found her and was greeted with a big hug, she had been looking for me she said and smiled from ear to ear. I brought paper today so that she could write her name down.. her name is Famida.. and then all the kids wanted to write their names.. :)  I wrote down my name for her too..I gave Famida a pink head band..and I told her I would see her next week. I believe she has a bright future ahead..she is so smart for a 9 year old. Mmmm the little joys. I could be with children all day.. their hearts are so pure and full of life.. Thanking God for this little one..she is a gem and I am thankful to spend the next weeks with her getting to know her and loving her.






This is my beautiful Famida!



Mmmm what a crazy week it has been..what a blessing!  I could stay here forever. Shalom and Love. (grandma if you are reading this thank you for the instant coffee it is a joy in a cup and the goodies)

love yall

Sarah Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment