Sunday, February 24, 2013

//Set a Fire down in my Soul//


Mmmmm sitting here at Flavour café with 5 other beautiful young women.. ahaha it is seriously a dream Sunday, it is overcast, we are sipping coffee enjoying creation and writing papers among having laughs and girl talk. So blessed. I just finished 2 papers one about our field trip yesterday to the Bushman caves and Drakensburg Mountains and another for Intercultural Communication…

Once again, the weeks go by like a snap of a finger and a blink of an eye. Slow slow down please. Mmm but praising the Lord everyday for this adventure I am on… and this place …//South Africa//

“The earth is the Lord’s and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it..” ~Psalm 24:1

Side note~ we are sitting here at the Café and they just brought cheesecake out for us on the House… oh the little things in life bring so much joy and a smile!!

So here is quick update on the past Week…~Reflection// Quotes// Memories..

Last Sunday//Saturday. Spend some time on a farm with some friends from Church, super fun. .and drank unpasteurized milk= interesting. Last weekend at Church Talked about Raw Faith again with the story of Hosea, the redemptive love..[Paralleling Jesus Christ ..And Israel]

“Your Grace is sufficient for this Moment”

Monday 18th // Had a great chapel.. Our main professor Reg led it. He spoke about finding God’s will, which is so head on for where I am at in my life…Finding meaning in a meaningless world..
            Four guidelines he gave:
                        -God’s will is not revealed in advance
                        -God wants us to enjoy his will (ENJOY TODAY).
                        -God wants us to follow the way of wisdom
                        -Follow God’s commands
// Proverbs 20:24// We are called to a personal, cultural, spiritual, and social mandate.

Still challenging myself not to worry about the future

Michael Cassidy: came and spoke for our history class today! He helped start African Enterprise, the place we are staying at. He told his story and his involvement in the Apartheid era. He told us about .. “The day God stepped in to save South Africa…” it is an amazing story I do not have enough time to right it all out, but truly amazing. ....How prayer and believers arising to the occasion, what God can do. He kept calling us beloved the whole time, I got his book A Witness Forever..

Later in the day had to give a seminar for my Life and Teachings Class about women and the resurrection.. went on a run in the reserve.. had some good talks with Reagan, one of our CLC’s about spiritual warfare and spiritual gifts, met some of our kitchen staff Max and Wiseman they are so hilarious. And spent the later night journaling and gazing at the stars and drinking tea…praying that I would be available to the will of God wherever he leads Had some worthwhile conversations with friends… The stars our so gorgeous from where we are at. Thank you Abba Father.

…. “As for God his way is perfect… the word of the Lord is flawless…He is a shield..”

Tuesday 19th//

I was so tired today, stayed up toooo late, but had an enlightening Life and Teachings class.
~The Divine God indwells in YOU… just had to let that sink in today

So much is on my mind to pray about lately.. Mmmmm so good though. My heart is full yet, so anxious. I am so wanting to keep my eyes open to see the glory of God all around.

Had some extra time today, and read some George Muller what an extraordinary man of God. I am so challenged every time. //Went to home group tonight, during our meeting there was a full on thunderstorm… I am falling in love with these storms.

Wednesday 20th//
Basically had a full day of Art class from 8 to 3ish. Long day, but I am appreciating art more, still a little stretch, but learning to embrace it. Had D-Group tonight with wonderful girls in the prayer chapel so great. It rained hard again…slept with the windows open hearing the waterfall and the rain mixture. What a sound.

Thursday 21st//
Every time Thursday comes I can hardly believe it already here. Time is so funny here, there is a crazy slow pace, but then again time is going by fast and has been away from home for over then a month now. ~We talked a lot about Miracles today in class and why in the western mindset it is harder to embrace and believe, this may be do that we do not expect them to happen…so many things to think about. God is so big. Challenged. // Went running with Penny during teatime, had a lovely adventure even up the incline part. Later took a study break from writing my Inter Comm paper, it was a beautiful day, such a shame to spend it inside writing papers. It was an interesting paper though about the culture of South Africa how their transportation system works and how dangerous taxis can be. In addition, about the South African markets in Durban. //Took a study break again at a bunch of us went to MacDonald’s. Ahaha I never go to MacDonald’s back in the states, but I guess this is a new thing. Took another study break and a bunch of us wrestled in the rain before we went back to writing our papers.

Friday 22nd// I was really tired, stayed up late finishing up the paper. We had morning chapel and one of our CLC Reagan shared his testimony from being a gang member to becoming a disciple of Christ. Then after chapel had Jeanie and Daryl come and speak to us for Intercultural Comm. Daryl is an Indian and Jeanie is an Afrikaans woman, they are married and have two beautiful kids.. we were blessed to learn about their culture and interracial marriage and got try some awesome Indian food. They both are so passionate about “Kingdom Culture”
~ later in the afternoon read some more of George Muller by the waterfall mist! Went on a girls date with some beautiful girls and Leizel. Shared stories and laughs and heartbreaking things over coffee and some chocolate in a beautiful garden place. Then we all drove to look out over Pietermaritzburg = what a view over the city. Mmm gained so much wisdom and encouragement from our wonderful CLC Leizel. She is a beautiful blessing. // Went to youth group at NCF. Came back and had some tea with Penny and our adoptive older brother Derek. We just talked about life and what God is doing while gazing up at the stars sitting in the wet grass. Beautiful moments.

Saturday 23nd// was a lovely morning. Got to facetime some beauties from APU, made my morning. We packed our lunches then headed to the Drakensburg Mountain’s to see the Bushman’s painting part of our History and Cultures class for South Africa. Through the pot holes and dusty roads 2 hours later we made it to the beautiful breathtaking Mountains, reminded me of Colorado and Yosemite and a flare of the Grand Canyon… Pictures do not do this place Justice. We got to play in the river and frolic around the grassy hills where the blue sky dazzled us all day. Great day. Ended the day with watching the Sound of Music and falling asleep.

Sunday 24//
Mmmm another great morning… Spent a majority of the day at Flavour Café getting a lot of homework done and having sweet conversations and interacting with the other guests and workers… went on a run with some awesome girls.. Church was refreshing and reviving…It was not the regular pastor, but a man who use to be a Rugby player, but now is serving God as a pastor. It was a well-needed sermon based on the Rich Young Ruler…this happens to be the passage that my Exegetical Paper is on..~ The message was challenging and powerful.. do we attach more value to Jesus than anything else? Oh the western culture has been so consumed with money and status, this has trickled in even to South Africa. Money can lead to a false since of security.// He also spoke about being lukewarm, this is some scary business. There are people who are lukewarm, people who know they are lukewarm, and there are people that want to be lukewarm…Jesus says that he will spit those who are lukewarm out of his mouth!! In the heart of the Church I am at and I know my home Church back home there is a passion and a desire to put away the state of having lukewarm symptoms to stir up a fire… for a New Reformation, that turns the heart of the son back to the father…
~Things don’t define me. My passion for Jesus defines who I am.
//Where much is given, much is Required//… Mmm what does this mean? I have been given so very much, I have been immensely blessed, I must not abuse these blessings. Sometimes these blessings God gives us turns us away from him, for example the wealth did that for the Rich Young Ruler. Receive in order to give.
~At the end of the service the Pastor asked if there was any lukewarm areas in our life that needed overcoming.. if I am truly honest with myself I totally need God to strip away these stumbling blocks in my life. I confessed before the Lord my burden and surrendered it before his feet. Mmm we ended the service singing and praising. “Set fire down in my soul.. that I can’t contain that I can’t control.. I want more of You God.. I want more of You God” ~My prayer and my desire. Come Holy Spirit awaken us. Praying that God would continue to break me and transform me and open my eyes to what is going on around me… so much need.. My heart is anxious to start service sites.. as our schooling is coming to a close at AE. God is so good. So thankful. So blessed. No words…desiring the Father and his love.

Well It is nearly almost midnight here. It is time for bed. I love all of you. Sorry this is totally me rambling about you know.. life and stuff. Have a beautiful blessed week.

Shalom&Love

Sarah Rae



















No comments:

Post a Comment