Monday, February 4, 2013

God's heart


 Mmmm Sitting here underneath my bunk bed trying to write a paper..so easily distracted.. It is raining this afternoon. I love when it rains. There has been  some thunder and lighting to accompany the rain as well! So blessed...to just sit and be still listening to the water hit my window. I should really get back to writing my paper it is about "The Rich Young Man" in the book of Matthew. It has been very good and convicting to analyze this story...there are so many comparisons to this man and our American culture...especially with the love of money hanging over our heads...Mmm hopefully I finish it soon.. I am half way there.

Anyways here is a quick update on life here in South Africa:

Friday, we played a awesome game of soccer, as well as having a bonfire, with worship outside in the rain.. we just had a great time of fellowship and vulnerability as a family here in South Africa. It was a beautifully broken night of all sorts of emotions, but all the glory to God.

Saturday, some of us woke up early to go running, the mornings are gorgeous here. That was a blessing. Then we headed off to Durban. While we were there we got to experience the marketplace, the culture, the smells, and faces of the local people. We laughed and bartered with the people. After a couple hours at the market we headed to the beach. It was a stunning beach for sure! The water was warm. The Indian Ocean is pretty sweet and was thankful that I did not see any sharks. Had a great time with our group there, played some soccer and went on some long walks...everyone managed to get sun burned. Aha so we are all red now. On the way home we stopped at MacDonald's and got some ice cream. Back at home we watched the South African soccer team (football) it was a close game but they ended up losing, but fun experience. Oh they served pancakes during the game! It was the best thing ever!

Sunday, was a pretty chill day. I worked on a lot of homework. Then went to night Church at NCF. I really have been challenged attending this Church the pass 3 weeks. They are going through a series on Faith.Last night the Pastor talked about Elijah.. a man just like you and I. Mmm the pastor went through a couple different examples showing how Elijah put his faith in God and extraordinary things happened. Mmmmm "With God Less is more..." I keep asking myself that question.. "What does that mean for you Sarah? " I have just been wrestling with this. Asking God to show me in his presence and through his word what he longs for me to do. I am open to his call and available to serve him. Mmmm another thing that has been coming up a lot and that has been on my heart is the revival of the Church. What is God's heart for the Church? Last night we prayed for that and just cried out to God, it was a powerful experience... God is so good. While we were praying it was pounding rain and a thunderstorm happening outside.

Here is one of the songs we sang last night.. I just love the words:


CLoser by Bethel

Your love has ravished my heart
And taken me over taken me over
And all i want is to be
With you forever with you forever

Pull me a little closer
Take me a little deeper
I want to know your heart
I want to know your heart
cause your love is so much sweeter
Than anything ive tasted
I want to know your heart
I want to know your heart


Whoa whoa how great your love is for me
Whoa whoa how great is your love


Pull me a little closer
Take me a little deeper
I want to know your heart
I want to know your heart
cause your love is so much stronger
Than anything ive faced and
I want to know your heart
I want to know your heart

Mmm that is my desire to keep seeking...Mmmm it has been a good afternoon and morning. Still blown away by the beauty that surrounds me and the miracle of the country of South Africa as I sat in History class today.. I believe God will continue to break down walls and revive this nation for him. They are so eager and hungry. I pray for this passion. Mmmmm well should try to finish this paper while I am still awake. Happy Monday.


Blessings..

Shalom&Love

-Sarah Rae


Some pictures from the weekend adventures:


Durban Beach

The girls chilling by the Indian Ocean





Penny and I making the most of a long drive back home!

Mel and Steph and I repin SA.



Having a grand time watching the game!



1 comment:

  1. wow sarah this is a really really great photo i love it
    love
    penny

    ReplyDelete