Thursday, January 10, 2013

Awaiting, Anxious, Anticipating = Joy Unspeakable


Mmmmmmm January 10, 2013…..does that even seem real? Less then a week from today I will be on a plane to a beautifully broken country with so much promise. Many adventures will be awaiting me and my fellow friends from APU. I am flooded with so many different emotions and utterly blessed that I am able to go back to Africa. About 6 years ago I had a chance to go to Lesotho, a country surrounded by South Africa, a part of my heart was left there.. it is a dream come true and the Hand of God that has led me down this new road.. back to Africa! Time just stands still, all I can do is smile, each day it is becoming more real! Anyways I am not much of a blogger, but I am going to give this a shot, I prefer the pen and pencil and a worn journal.

Mmmmmm praying that this time away would grow me in every way possible.. that I would seek the face of God and experience Him in new ways…learn from others and from the country of South Africa.. have divine appointments…listen and be still, live in all the beautiful and broken moments this adventure will have and offer.. love like Jesus, be intentional.. see life in a new light and a different pair of eyes.. give of myself for the Kingdom.. be a light.. a joy..a servant.. a giver.. a receiver..a student.. a friend..Mmm and so much more.. may I be stripped of “Sarah”.. more of the Father and less of me.. So thankful for this experience…

Mmmm memories from 2007... = Joy






“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” ~ James 1:17

“Yet, O Lord you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.” ~ Isaiah 64:8

“ Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine…” ~ Ephesians 3:20

Shalom&Love

-Sarah Rae

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you Sarah! I am excited you started a blog. I love reading people's stories on here! I look forward to reading all about your life in Africa. God has your back and He is going to transform you in ways you never thought possible! I will be praying for you!! Love you!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you get anywhere near Lesotho, you always have a 2nd home here at Beautiful Gate! Just e-mail me and we will be happy to have you here!
    May the Lord bless your travels and time in Africa!
    Bryan Geurink

    ReplyDelete